Guilt Free Vegan Chocolate Protein Donuts
Posted July 26, 2021
If you are looking for a great guilt free dessert that is packed with protein, look no further. These fluffy baked chocolate peanut butter donuts are exactly what you need! They are EASY to make and easier to eat!
- 1 cup (153g) All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (57g) Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (57g) Vedge Peanut Butter Cup Protein
- 3 tbsp (15g) Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp (11g) Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) Sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup Soy milk
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 42g (¼ cup) Dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp room temperature maple syrup
- 1 tsp room temperature soy milk
1. Preheat the oven to 325F/163C. Set a silicone doughnut mold pan aside to have it ready. In a mixing bowl, combine together the all-purpose flour, chia seeds, protein powder, cacao powder, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix.
2. Then pour in the soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until well, combined.
3. Spoon the batter into the doughnut mold, to make 6 doughnuts. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
4. For the glaze: Melt the chocolate chips in 10 sec increments in the microwave until the chocolate chips are softer. Then whisk with a fork and add the maple syrup and soy milk. Whisk until smooth. (It may clump up a bit but it will get smooth as long as you’re not using cold soy milk.)
5. Dip the chocolate doughnuts in the glaze to cover, or use a knife or silicone spatula to glaze them.
This recipe is freezer-friendly. Serves 7
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WITH CODE: DOUGHNUT
TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!
By Vedge Nutrition
As Memorial Day and July 4th approach, we’ve officially stepped into the full swing of summer shred. It’s finally that time of the year when the days are longer, the weather is warmer and the vibes are positive. As soon as summer arrives, however, many of our disciplined routines can sometimes fall by the wayside as we find ourselves dedicating much more time to leisure. While the hot temperatures may have a big impact on that, it doesn’t mean that we can’t take advantage of the season and continue to build healthy habits.
During Dr. G's review, he shuffled through piles of COA’s (certificate of analysis) and third party tests. He compared the levels of pesticides, heavy metals, bacteria, and mold in the suggested serving size of each brand to see which ones ranked the best vs the worst.
Caffeine is the world’s most consumed drug. In this day and age, we see it utilized anywhere that requires a little extra ‘oomph’, such as a performance enhancer for exercise or just in our daily wake-up routine. Caffeine is a natural substance found in over 60 plants, and the good news is that the supplement industry has found even better ways to enjoy caffeine, especially for exercise performance.
At Vedge Nutrition, we understand the power of our customers' purchasing decisions and strive to make a positive impact on the world through our business. That's why we're proud members of 1% for the Planet, an organization that connects businesses with non-profits working to tackle our planet's most pressing environmental issues. Through our membership, we've had the opportunity to partner with the International Anti-Poaching Foundation (IAPF), a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting endangered wildlife and their habitats.